Netherbury Reserves are through to the second round of the John Fowler cup.

The Ambers started poorly and found themselves behind within 5 minutes with some sloppy defending allowing a simple goal for the home side.
This got Netherbury going and kicking up the slope, they started to create chances. George Green had a header saved a point blank range.
Then, a superb tackle from Tyman James on the edge of his own area started the move that would lead to the equaliser, Alex Goodrick started his fine day by racing clear and calmly equalising.

James then had a header cleared off the line from a corner and the visitors were taking control of the game. Goodrick had a further chance that squirmed under the keeper, but was cleared again off the line by alert defending.
Against the run of play Chard went ahead with what can only be described as a “worldie” a loose ball being hit first time from 30 yards that curled away from keeper Tozer and into the top right corner.
2-1 to the home team at half time.

In the second half Netherbury turned the screw and started to dominate the game, they were rocked back briefly when some poor defending allowed a goalmouth scramble to end up with the home team being 3-1 to the good with 35 minutes to play.
Netherbury were then camped in the home teams half for the rest of the second half.

George Green had a super strike saved by the keeper, and his headed rebound hit the bar with the keeper stranded, as it came back to him at a tight angle his volley hit the base of the post and out.
The home keeper was keeping the tie alive with a series of great brilliant saves as the Ambers piled on the pressure.
Tyman James provided his second assist when he used his strength down the wing and drill in a low cross that Goodrick turned in at the near post 2-3.
Goodrick was denied again shortly after by the inform keeper, and from the resulting corner the Ambers would finally get back into it. Wesley Furszman’s initial corner was cleared straight back to him, and he just smashed the ball past the keeper into the roof of the net from a narrow angle for a deserved equaliser.
It was the Ambers completely on top, and they should have won in normal time, but a series of saves and blocks kept the home team in the tie.
Full time 3-3 into Extra Time.

In extra time it was more of the same and The visitors turned the screw and Chard fell apart.
Goodrick scored two more early in extra time when he again beat the offside trap. Firstly passing neatly into the bottom corner to make it 4-3 and then made it 4 goals for the day when a shot squeezed past the keeper and just had enough to cross the line. 5-3
Substitute Charlie Morgan was fouled in the area and duly converted from the spot for 6-3
Ryan Kingston added a lovely left footed curler from the edge of the area to wrap it up at 7-3 to the Ambers.


Manager James Sayers was pleased with his young teams performance. “We made it difficult for ourselves today conceding two soft goals and a worldie. I was really pleased with the determination and character to get back into this game. The pitch was soft and the grass long, but we still played some great football.
He picked out the younger players for special mentions today. “Liam Tuck, just 16 was superb at centre back along with Steve Symonds. Luke Ward Jones at left back and Tyman James on the Wing, Both just 17 also had great games. Everyone played their part today and Alex Goodrick deserved his 4 goals as he works so hard and never stops for the team”

Match Report to Follow.

Goalscorers - Charlie Morgan x2 - Own Goal x1

Match Report to Follow.

Goalscorer - Charlie Morgan.

With the First Team having a big Dorset Intermediate Cup game against Alderholt, and 12 players unavailable or injured, The reserve team had to call upon several players with little or no experience of Perry Street football.
Netherbury had 7 players under the age of 19 involved in the squad for this one, and they all performed extremely well in difficult circumstances against the team who are 2nd in the league. 

Manager Sayers was between the sticks again as cover, and made a few decent stops in the first 20 minutes to keep the score even. But half way though the first period, Dowlish's tricky number 10 wriggled free from several defenders and drilled in a shot that deflected off the keepers shins and in for the breakthrough.

A second came just before half time from the Veteran No 9 with a header from a corner.

Considering the visitors were playing up the huge slope with a team so short. 2-0 was not a bad half. Surely going down the slope would help the Away team?

In the second half however, an early goal really knocked the stuffing out of Netherbury, and as heads began to drop and experience and stamina begginning to show a quick fourth and fith goal were conceeded from set pieces one more.
Sayers made a few more decent stops, one unfortunatley was tipped onto the bar and rebounded straight into Symonds face for an own goal, the final goal a similar story with the keeper saving well but the ball just rolling over the line past the defenders attempt to clear.

All in all a tough day at the office for the reserves.
However the younger generation of Ambers have had some valuable experience, and we must as a team put it behind us and move on to the next game.
As all players who have competed for the first team in either the league or cup, This inexperienced team, and a few of the missing players are the only ones eligible for the Dorset Minor Cup. So lets try and get this group to the later stages of that competition.

Manager Sayers commented "Phil Ackerman was superb today, and I am very proud of the younger players, who stepped into a very difficult envirmonment and kept going until the end"