Netherbury made it back to back wins on the road with a comfortable victory over Forton Rangers.

Playing up the slope and against the wind it was the Ambers that dominated the first half and were 3-0 up in side 30 minutes.

They took the lead in the 10th minutes when Daniel Rawlings played a smart through ball through behind the Forton back line, which Ryan Gall ran onto and kept his cool to beat the keeper with nice placed finish for 1-0.

The lead was double 10 minutes later, when this time a telling through ball from the returning Tom Franklin set Mark Cuff through on goal, the winger got the wrong side of his defender, who in his effort to tackle him brought Cuff down for a penalty. Franklin stepped up and confidently put the ball away for 2-0.


The third came from a flowing team move, Karl Ives played in Cuff on the left, his first ball across the box picked out Ryan Gall who manged to avoid the on rushing keeper and the result ball fell to the feet of Jon-Paul Avery to score for 3-0. The Ambers were in control, but gave away a sloppy goal from a set piece and Forton also missed a late header in the first half to keep it at 3-1.


The second half was a slightly closer game, but Netherbury extended their lead when Cuff rounded off a smart performance with a goal of his own, out pacing the right back and finishing across the keeper for 4-1. The Ambers should of added to the scoreline, but chances for Gall, Cuff, Franklin & Lee Quincey were missed and Forton got a late consolation to make the final score 4-2.


"This has not normally been a great ground for us, but we played some great attacking football, dominated most of the game and should of scored a few more" said Manager Andy Loudon, who picked out Daniel Rawlings as his man of the Match.

The Ambers got a vital away win last Saturday in game that was very much a game of two halves. Shooting down the slope, with a strong wind behind them, Winsham dominated the opening 45 minutes. With the conditions not helpful to good football, the Ambers never got going and were thankful for their keeper Robin Harp who made 2 fine saves to keep the score at 0-0 in the first 25 minutes.


Winsham were unlucky not to take a deserved lead and hit the post and spurned two good shooting chances mid-way through the half. From a set piece, Ryan Gall though his shot had crossed the line, but the linesman was not convinced. As the half wore on, Winsham became more desperate to get a goal, but they got no joy from their direct approach and so the score remained 0-0 at half time.


The Ambers came out and dominated the second half and got the all important first goal. It came through some nice link up play; Ryan Gall controlled a pass, laying the ball into Mark Cuff, who touched the ball off first time for Jon-Paul Avery who hit the ball first time with his left foot, from the edge of the box and it flew inside the keepers near post.


Avery was again involved in the Ambers second goal, when he was clearly pulled back in the area for a penalty. Danny Rawlings stepped up and despite the keeper getting a good hand, the power of the penalty was too much for 2-0. On around 65 minutes game the goal of the game, when Netherbury keeper Robin Harp sent a long goal kick down field, which reached just outside the oppositions box, where it bounced over the Winsham keeper for 3-0. Netherbuy’s fourth came from a step piece, Rawlings delivered a dangerous ball into the box and Kristian Steward jumped highest and somehow did brilliantly to flick the ball in with a backward header.

Winsham scored a late rebound from a penalty (after Harp had saved the initial kick) for 4-1.


“The first half was not pretty and thanks to Rob, some good defending and some luck, we kept it 0-0. I thought in the second half we were the better team, took our chances and scored some good goals. It’s great to get back to winning ways!” said Andy Loudon who picked out Robin Harp and Jon-Paul Avery as his top performers.

Netherbury were on the wrong end of a high scoring game last Saturday and despite being 3-2 up, went on to lose 5-4 to West & Middle Chinnock. The Ambers were caught cold on 8 minutes, when the lively left winger beat two defenders, to play the ball into …………who controlled & finished well from close range.

The Amber deservedly got level on around the 22nd minute when an excellent corner from Paul Ruffles was headed in from Ryan Gall. However the hosts were soon back ahead when the Ambers lost the ball in midfield and a smart through ball played in ……. who did well to cut inside Richard Pincombe and curl in a lovely left footed finish into the bottom corner.

Netherbury duly got back into the game again and made it 2-2 when Richard Pincombe rose to plant in a smart header at the back post, from another excellent deliver from Ruffles. Going down the slope, the Amber then used route one football to deservedly go ahead when Gall flicked on for Mark Cuff, who control the ball well, before hitting a nice left footed shot across the keeper for 3-2 with only 5 minutes to halftime.

However the Ambers could not keep the lead and after a Chinnock player won a flick on, the striker ..... controlled very well and smashed a brilliant half volley into the top corner and despite getting finger tips Robin Harp could not keep out. The game remained even in the second half, with Chinnock looking to use their pace upfront and Netherbury have joy in the final third without too many clear cut chances.

With 15 minutes to go Chinnock went 4-3 up, after a defensive clearance took a look a lucky rebound into the Chinnock strikers path who went through one on one with Harp to score. Netherbury took risks to get back into the game and some poor play at the back, resulted in a firth for Chinnock striker…….. Ryan Gay smashed in a good half volley during a goal mouth scramble in the 90 minute, but time had run out for the Ambers.


Manager Andy Loudon said “this is another game we should of got something from & end up empty handed. We played very well in the first half and if we could have held on to half time at 3-2, the result might have been different?” He praised Ryan Gall and Karl Ives for their performances.

Netherbury FC once again made high flying Barrington battle for a victory and suffered defeat by the same scoreline as last weeks Coronation Cup game.

The Amber went behind on around 10 minutes when defender Ryan Gay attempted to defend a dangerous cross and inadvertently headed the ball up & over stranded keeper Robin Harp.

The Ambers responded very well to going behind with Ash Carter & Mark Cuff causing problems down each of the flanks. They were rewarded with an equaliser on the 30th minute when a lovely strike from the edge of the box by Dan Taylor was tipped onto the crossbar and Ryan Gall was on hand with a first time finish for 1-1.

Netherbury should have been 2-1 up soon after when Cuff played a lovely through ball to Taylor, who burst through the offside trap and was one on one, only for the home goalie to save smartly. Carter continued to do well down the right and played in several dangerous crosses, causing problems for the host defence.

With the Ambers looking dangerous it was somewhat against the run of play that Barrington went 2-1 ahead with only 2 minutes to half time. A quick throw in caught the Ambers napping and the Barrington striker did well to square the ball to the no 9 who finished crisply for 2-1. Barringon came out strongly in the second half and were threatening to get another goal and the Ambers never quite going like the first 45 minutes.

Their third goal came when a long crossfield ball missed out the Netherbury centre backs & eventually fell to the right winger who squeezed the ball under Harp, where it was then tapped in for 3-1. Netherbury through caution to the wind, but could not find a way back into the game and Barrington could of added to their scoreline.


Manager Andy Loudon said “The lads did really well & Barrington had to change their formation to cope with how we were playing. We had a great chance to go 2-1 up and conceding that goal just before half time in the end proved critical”. He picked out Ash Carter who had a very impressive game making his first full start for the First Team, as man of the match.

Netherbury were defeated in this Coronation Cup tie, but Manager Andy Loudon described his sides performance “the best we have played all season”. Until the deadlock was broken on around the 18th minute the game was a very even contest.

The goal came after the Ambers were left feeling aggrieved that midfielder Pete Ellingham who they felt was clearly fouled in the centre circle, but the ref waved play on and with the Netherbury players complaining, Barrington broke down the left and then crossed for the striker to score an easy tap in. Netherbury responded well and started to get their wingers Lee Quincey & Mark Cuff into the game more.

Some good link up on the left played in Ryan Gall, who controlled the ball well and who looked certain to score, but for an excellent goal line clearance. With the Ambers having good pressure, Barrington extended their lead against the run of play in the 35th minute.

After some quick feet by the striker Ryan Gay was adjudged to have brought down the striker for a penalty, which they converted for 2-0. Netherbury looked bright in the opening period of the second half and kept the ball very well and had the visitors under pressure. They deservedly got a goal their play warranted through a penalty, after Ryan Gall was fouled.

Daniel Rawlings stepped up and buried the ball into the top corner. Barrington were soon after reduced to 10 men when Barringtons no 8 was sent off for clearly raising his elbow, giving referee no choice but to send him off. The Ambers pushed hard for an equaliser, but despite a couple of goalmouth scrambles, some dangerous crossed and long shots, they could not find the equaliser.

With the game in the dying seconds & Rob Harp up for a corner, Barrington counter & made it 3-1 with the last kick of the game.


“I’m genuinely happy with how we played & for large parts of the game we were the better footballing side. Barrington have dangerous strikers they proved the difference today. We have some big games ahead and so need to reproduce this kind of performance in them” said Andy Loudon who praised all his players for their team performance.